Personal Care Assistant - End of life
Do you have experience of caring for individuals with complex needs?
Newcross Healthcare are looking for experienced Personal Care Assistants to deliver outstanding care to our users at the end of their lives living in their own homes across Wells, Frome, Shepton Mallet and the surrounding areas.
In this role you will be covering waking night shifts from 22:00 to 07:00
What to expect?
As a Personal Care Assistant you will deliver first class assistance and support to our service users who are at the end of their lives.
It is essential that you provide excellent care and support to our service users with various tasks. These will vary and include personal care, helping with medication administration, continence care, meeting diary needs and any additional services required.
Your local branch
Bristol local branch is based in the heart of the city in Colston Tower on Colston Street just a short walk from Temple Meads train station, and is easily accessible by public transport.
- Salary of up to £12.46/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Guaranteeing a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available through our employee perks scheme
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you will complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Flexible app feature
Our fantastic Flexi Pay feature app provides you unmatched flexibility to choose when you get paid. Combined with digital timesheets & timecards, there is no need to wait for payday to come around.
What happens after you apply?
Once you have submitted your application a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.