Personal Care Assistant - End of life
Our Bristol branch are based at Colston Tower in the city centre, close to all transport links
A true passion for delivering person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are looking for experienced Personal Care Assistants to deliver specialised care to our users at the end of their lives within Weston-super-Mare, Yatton, Burnham-on-Sea and the surrounding areas.
What to expect in the role
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be calm and compassionate whilst supporting our service users and their families overnight on a waking night basis in their home. Waking nights shifts are usually from 22:00 to 07:00.
You will be responsible for monitoring symptoms, administering medications, assisting with continence care, dressing, hygiene, meeting dietary needs and keeping detailed records overnight.
- Salary of up to £13.41/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours every week
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
- Perks at Work - access to around 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Access our exclusive training, widening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
Additionally, you will also be able to benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, where you can choose when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on bank holidays and weekends!
What you will need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone or device, with internet access to manage your rotas on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Click the button to Apply
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.