Personal Care Assistant
You can find our local team at 42 Quay Street, Newport.
Sleepy Bembridge is home to an odd little attraction in the form of the UK's oldest working phonebox.
Can you provide care to individuals with complex needs?
We are seeking Personal Care Assistants to care for a service user living with additional healthcare needs in his own home in the Wootton area of the Isle of Wight.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users with complex needs receive the highest standard of care. You will provide assistance with personal care, meal preparation, feeding, peg care and any other additional services needed.
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience of providing care to service users with Motor Neuron Disease and of administering Trache, Vent and PEG.
- Flexible full and part time hours available to suit you!
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Salary of up to £12.00/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Flexi Pay- Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours, (includes weekends and Bank Holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.