Personal Care Assistant - Weekends
Our friendly Yeovil branch are located at Telstar House, Mead Avenue.
Make a change with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to cover weekend shifts caring for our service users living with additional care needs in their own homes in Street, Yeovil and the surrounding areas.
This role is for weekend shifts only.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide service users with life-enhancing care and support completing a range of important tasks. Tasks that you will assist with include personal care activities, medication administration, clinical requirements, feeding and peg care, social activities and any other services required.
This new app feature enables healthcare staff to efficiently access up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
But why choose Newcross?
- Benefit from a minimum hours guarantee that will allow enable you to enjoy having the security of a steady income
- Enjoy organised rotas set to up to 4 weeks in advance to suit your ongoing commitments
- A range of free specialised training programs covering various topics and all accessed through credits earned as you work
- Salary of up to £11.25/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contracts
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Employee discount scheme with 30,000 discounts available throughout various retailers
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply today and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.