Personal Care Assistant
We are looking for people like you to join us!
We are seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to care for a gentleman living with additional healthcare needs and challenging behaviour in his own home within the Dawlish area of Devon.
Our ideal applicants will have previous experience of providing care to service users living with challenging behaviour.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide personalised care and support to our service user living with additional care needs and challenging behaviour ensuring that they are able to live as independently as possible. You will aid them with personal care tasks, clinical requirements, medication support, social activities and any additional services required.
The shifts for this position last for 8 hours and are rotational however, they could change to 12 hour shifts in the future.
Healthcare staff will have the chance to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £14.89/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
You will work on a 2:1 basis in this position with another care assistant.
Why choose us?
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week
- Organised rotas set 4 weeks in advance
Your local branch is based in Torquay. First opened in 1996, Torquay is our first ever branch and remains the flagship to this day. We've expanded from this office to over 57 branches across the UK, so if you'd like to join our ever growing team, please apply today.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.