Personal Care Assistant
First opened in 1996, Torquay is our first ever branch and remains the flagship to this day. We've expanded from this office to over 57 branches across the UK, so if you'd like to join our ever growing team, please apply today.
Do you want to make a positive difference to someone's life?
We are seeking Personal Care Assistants care and support a gentleman living with additional healthcare needs and challenging behaviour in his own home in the Dawlish area of Devon.
This position is on a 2:1 basis working with another care assistant.
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
It is highly desirable that you have prior experience of caring for service users living with challenging behaviour.
You will ensure that our service users with complex needs receive assistance and support with a range of tasks designed to ensure that they live as independently as possible. These tasks include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
The shifts for this position last for 8 hours and are rotational however, they could change to 12 hour shifts in the future.
- Salary of up to £11.75/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.