Student Nurse: Personal Care Assistant
If you're a Student Nurse eager to 'earn while you learn' then look no further!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Student Nurses to fill our Personal Care Assistant roles in Woking, Camberley, Walton-on-Thames, Chertsey and Weybridge. We offer you flexible full and part time hours to suit, through weekday and weekend shifts.
You will receive free DBS and uniform when you join our amazing team!
We offer Flexi Pay. Typically, most UK healthcare workers are paid weekly or monthly but with this new service, they have the option to request an advance against the completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after they've finished a day's work! (includes weekends and Bank Holidays)
What you'll do
In this role, you'll assist elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living. You'll provide support and companionship to clients and help clients handle day-to-day self-care.
You will also communicate with families of clients to apprise them of the client's condition and progress.
- Salary of up to £15.38/hr Including holiday pay
- Flexible contract, guaranteed minimum hours
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Every month we deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants.
What you'll need to succeed…
* The right to live and work in the UK
* At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
* Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
* A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course.
* You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
Located at the outer edge of London, Newcross Healthcare's Woking branch is ideally positioned to provide Northwest Surrey and the southwestern Greater London region with dedicated, compassionate care assistants and nurses to care, residential and nursing homes and also in home care.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.