Personal Care Assistant
We want you to join our team!
Newcross Healthcare are searching for experienced Personal Care Assistants to join us in providing professional care and support to our service users living with additional care needs in Woking, Camberley, Walton-on-Thames, Chertsey, Weybridge and the surrounds.
Our local branch is situated at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from both Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
As a Personal Care Assistant, your responsibilities will include; person centred care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services that will enable the service user to live their lives as independently as possible.
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
- Salary of up to £15.38/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
You will also be able to access our HealthForceGo app, where you can manage your timesheets and payslips, and choose when you want to be paid through our new feature Flexi Pay.
Newcross will help with your career progression, offering our healthcare staff over 200 training programmes to ensure you always have the opportunities to develop in your role, learn new skills and progress even further in your healthcare career.
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross
- Access to a smart phone/device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.