Personal Care Assistant
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Personal Care Assistants to provide personalised care and support to our service users living with additional care needs in their own homes in Plymouth and the surrounding areas.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users receive care and support with various daily living activities. These vary but include personal care tasks, clinical requirments, medication support, meal preparation, feeding and peg care, social activities and any additional services required.
This innovative app feature enables healthcare staff to have exclusive access to up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why join Newcross?
- A guarantee of a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Organised rotas set to up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Salary of up to £13.42/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available in different high street retailers
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- You will need a valid practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or a willingness to book on to a course with Newcross
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
Our Plymouth team
Your new branch is located on the south Devon coast and allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.