Personal Care Assistant
Do you have a passion for care?
Here at Newcross Healthcare we are actively seeking Personal Care Assistants to provide person-centred care and support to our service users living in their own homes across Plymouth and the surrounding local area.
Working with Newcross you will have the opportunity to expand your skill set and progress in your career. We offer a wide range of free training programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
You will also have the chance to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
* The right to live and work in the UK
* At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
* Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
* A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
* You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
* Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
As a Personal Care Assistant you will be delivering excellent support to our service users during their daily activities whilst promoting the well-being and quality of life of every patient you care for.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and calm when faced with the odd challenge.
Take advantage of our set shifts!
You will have a permanent contract with guaranteed hours and the option to work full or part time hours.
Our Personal Carers work a pattern of one weekend on, one weekend off with enhanced weekend rates. This provides them with the security of a steady income alongside the chance to manage their work-life schedule.
Why join us?
- Salary of up to £13.42/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract, with a guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work - access to many discounts from 80 UK retailers!
Newcross Healthcare is improving lives with our amazing HealthForceGo® app feature, Flexi Pay. Flexi Pay allows over 7500 healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Your new branch is located on the south Devon coast and allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
We now give you the option to do your interview via video call! Rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.