Personal Care Assistant
You can make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to care for our service users living with additional care needs in their own homes in Bexhill-on-Sea, Hastings and the surrounding areas.
Why work with Newcross?
- A minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work every week
- Organised rotas of up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
Our innovative 'same day pay' service gives you the opportunity to access up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring that our service users with additional care needs receive consistent high-quality care and support. Your assistance will be required with personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £15.18/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Training
Working with us will give you exclusive access to a broad range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Programs cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, PEG, Epilepsy and many more.
Further opportunities are available for staff to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and subjects.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.