Personal Care Assistant
Make a difference to someone's life!
What will I do?
In this role you will be able to provide person-centred care and support to our service user living in their own homes across Brighton, Lewes, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath and the surrounding areas.
You will need to be a dedicated and talented healthcare professional with previous experience of working with those patients that live with additional care needs.
Skills & Development
Newcross Healthcare will give you exclusive access a wide range of free training programs designed to develop your current skill set across a broad scope of topics.
This role will be based in the southeast coast of England, our Eastbourne branch provides the East Sussex region with qualified care assistants, care workers and nurses.
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £15.91/hr including holiday pay
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff.
Our new flexible pay feature, Flexi Pay, allows you to choose when you are going to get paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.