Personal Care Assistant
Become an invaluable member of our care team
Newcross Healthcare is looking for outstanding Personal Care Assistants to deliver personal care and support to our service users living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes across Crowborough and the surrounding areas.
You will be based on the southeast coast of England where our Eastbourne branch provides the East Sussex region with qualified care assistants, care workers and nurses.
We now offer video interviewing to make it easier for our applicants. Rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
The person-centred role:
Our Personal Care Assistant deliver expert support to our our clients, assisting them with their personal needs, clinical requirements, social activities and any other activities that enable our service users to live their lives as independently as possible.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each patient you care for.
Learn and develop:
At Newcross Healthcare we care about our employees and their future which is why we provide clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training programmes to ensure that our team always have the chance to evolve in their role, learning new skills.
Our successful candidates will also be able to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
You will receive:
- Salary of up to £15.91/hr including holiday pay
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff.
- Flexi Pay gives our employees the chance to simply submit thier timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of their shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
We will expect:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 month's previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
It is important that you are a driver and have access to a vehicle for this position.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.