Personal Care Assistant
Looking for a new and exciting career in care?
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking to recruit Personal Care Assistants to provide support to our service user living in their own home in Dereham, Fakenham, Swaffham, Swanton Morley and the larger Norfolk area.
Your Norwich branch will be located at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station.
Personal Care Assistant
In this position you will be helping our service users with their daily activities whilst promoting their dignity and independence.
Our ideal applicant will be able to recognise the capabilities of each patient, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Learn with us
Working with us, you will have the opportunity of earning training credits as you work on shift. Five training credits are accrued per hour worked, all you need to do is building up enough of them and choose to study one of our many office-based and clinical courses.
Training credits never expire, so you save them up and use them whenever suits you.
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work, access to 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will have the chance to use our new HealthForceGo® app feature and receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if you so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Join us today!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!