Personal Care Assistant
Located on the southeast coast of England, Newcross Healthcare's Eastbourne branch provides the East Sussex region with qualified care assistants, care workers and nurses
What we are looking for
Newcross is currently looking to recruit dedicated Personal Care Assistants to provide the highest quality of care and personalised support to our service users living with additional healthcare needs in their homes across Eastbourne.
What you will do
As a Personal Care Assistant your responsibilities will include; personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and calm.
- Salary of up to £15.91/hr including holiday pay
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff.
- Flexi Pay, allows over 7500 healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
With Newcross you also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications.
What do you need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- You will need access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!