Personal Care Assistant
Do you want to develop your skill set?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to care for our service users with additional care needs in Eastleigh, Chandlers Ford and the surrounding areas.
It is highly desirable that candidates have prior experience in specialised care.
- Salary of up to £10.41/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with a minimum of 20 hours of work per week
- Rotas organised 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Specialised training earned through credits as you work
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager and in house office support
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will be able to broaden their skill set with various free training programs earned through credits as you work. These cover topics such as Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Basic Life Support and many more.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide life-enhancing care to our service users with various additional care needs. Your assistance will be required with daily living activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Further shifts are available including 0900-1300 Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and 0900-1500 Friday.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the local hospital.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.