Personal Care Assistant - Brain Injury
Are you looking to make a difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to care and support our service users living with additional care needs in Exeter and the surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of caring for adults with brain injuries and challenging behaviour.
Our amazing new app feature allows you to have access to up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will I do?
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be required to provide care and support to our service users living with additional care needs. Your assistance will be needed for various important tasks such as daily living tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Skills & Training
Working with Newcross will give you exclusive opportunities to develop your skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered will include Epilepsy, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Basic Life Support, Dementia Care and many more.
Benefits will include
- Salary of up to £13.06/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Minimum hours guarantee as part of our contracts
- Organised rotas set to up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free specialised training and development programs through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available in retailers nationwide
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
This role is based within our Exeter branch and covers a wide area of East Devon, including Crediton, Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Axminster and Okehampton.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rota
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.