Personal Care Assistant - End of life
Are you looking for a chance to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to care for our service users living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes in Exeter, Exmouth, Crediton, Cullompton, Honiton, Axminster and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide assistance and support to service users in the last moments of their lives.
The ideal candidate will be calm, compassionate and ready to face any challenges posed.
This role is for night shifts caring for service users with various complex needs.
This exclusive app feature enables healthcare staff to enjoy having access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.80/hr including holiday pay
- A minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week
- Organised rotas set to up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts across 80 high street retailers!
Local Exeter team
You will be joining our fantastic team located in Exeter which covers a wide area of East Devon, including Crediton, Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Axminster and Okehampton.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
Skills & Training
With Newcross, you will have the opportunity to develop your skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These will cover subjects such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care and many more.
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rota
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.