Personal Care Assistant - End of life
We have a true passion for delivering person-centred care, do you?
Newcross Healthcare is looking for professional Personal Care Assistants to offer care and support our users living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes in Exeter, Exmouth, Crediton, Cullompton, Honiton, Axminster and the surrounds.
We are looking for staff to cover night shifts supporting a range of people with varying needs.
What do you need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rota
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Personal Care Assistant
We are looking for candidates who will be giving companionship during the last moments of someone's life.
You must be a caring healthcare professional who will promote the dignity of our service users and who will encourage the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for.
Our ideal applicant will be calm and compassionate when faced with the odd challenge.
Why should you join us?
Newcross healthcare value all of our staff and wish for all to have clear career progression. With us you will be able to study on of our free training courses, learning new skills and developing in your career.
You will benefit from having minimum hours guaranteed in your contracts, enjoying the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours.
We offer you the possibility of using our amazing feature app, Flexi Pay, which allows 7500 healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.80/hr Including holiday pay
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekends
- Guarantee a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts across 80 high street retailers!
You will be joining our fantastic team located in Exeter which covers a wide area of East Devon, including Crediton, Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Axminster and Okehampton.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.