Personal Care Assistant - Brain Injury
Do you have an understanding and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of others?
Newcross Healthcare are expanding their team across Exeter and its surrounds.
What do we need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rota
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Working with us you will have the chance to grow in your career and learn new skills. You could choose between our many courses such as Dementia Care, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration and many more.
The caring role
In this position you'll work as Personal Care Assistant delivering outstanding care and support to our patients with a person-centred focus whilst promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
Prior experience providing care to adults living with brain injuries and challenging behaviour will strengthen your application.
This role is based within our Exeter branch and covers a wide area of East Devon, including Crediton, Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Axminster and Okehampton.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
All your benefits:
- Salary of up to £12.58/hr Including holiday pay
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekends
- Guarantee a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Flexi Pay - We offer you the option to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts across 80 high street retailers!
We now offer video interviewing to make it easier for our applicants. Rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
Begin your application…
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.