Personal Care Assistant - Brain Injury
Are you looking for an exciting care role, working across Exeter?
Then join Newcross today!
As a Newcross Personal Care Assistant you will be responsible for providing personalised care and support to our clients across Exeter. You will be assisting with clinical needs, social activities and any other services that will enable dignified living.
It is ideal that you have prior experience providing care to adults living with brain injuries and challenging behaviour.
You will require
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rota
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Newcross provides you with access to an array of specialist clinical training. Each month we deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants.
These can be earned through credits as you work and will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
With our new flexible pay feature you can decide when you get paid! Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.58/hr Including holiday pay
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekends
- Guarantee a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts across 80 high street retailers!
Your local branch is based in Exeter, and covers a wide area of East Devon, including Crediton, Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Axminster and Okehampton.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!