Personal Care Assistant - End of life
Professional care will change someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are currently hiring Personal Care Assistants to join us in providing expert care and support for our service users living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes in Exeter, Exmouth, Crediton, Cullompton, Honiton, Axminster and the surrounding local areas.
Your Local Team
Our friendly Exeter branch are based at 6 Sandpiper Court, close to Pinhoe train station.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be delivering assistance and support to service users in the last moments of their lives.
The ideal candidate will be calm, compassionate and ready to face any challenges posed.
This role is for night shifts caring for service users with various complex needs.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete this course with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £12.80/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to various discounts at high street shops
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
We will also help in your career progression, offering over 200 training programmes to ensure that you always have the opportunity to evolve in your role, learn new skills and progress even further.
Furthermore, we've launched our exciting new flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which enables our healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo.
Apply now to find out more!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.