Personal Care Assistant
Your local team is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital.
Make a positive difference to someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Personal Care Assistants to provide care to our service users with additional care needs living in Salisbury, Ringwood, New Forest and the surrounding areas.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide specialised care and support to our service users and will assist them with daily living activities, clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services required.
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will have opportunities to broaden their skill set with various training programs covering topics such as Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, PEG, BSL or Makaton and many more.
- Salary of up to £14.79/hr including holiday pay
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
- Flexi Pay! Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in anyway.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!