Personal Care Assistant - Children
Make a positive difference today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Personal Care Assistants to provide care and support to a young boy living with additional care needs in Gosport.
- Salary of up to £15.38/hr including holiday pay
- Guaranteed a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
Skills & Training
Working with Newcross will give you exclusive access to a variety of specialist training courses varying in topics such as Epilepsy, Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy and many more.
Further opportunities are available for candidates to study towards various National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service user receives personalised care and support at all times in line with his personal care plan. You will assist him with daily living activities, clinical needs and any additional services required.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.