Personal Care Assistant
Do you want to develop your skill set?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Personal Care Assistants to care for our service users with additional care needs living in their own homes across Thornhill, Southampton, New Forest and the surrounding areas.
- Salary of up to £13.99/hr including holiday pay
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts!
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Flexi Pay enables you to have access to an advance of up to 50% of money earned during your completed shifts. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
You will ensure that our service users with additional care needs receive consistent personalised care and support in line with their personal care plans. Tasks that you will assist with include daily living activities, personal care, clinical needs, social activities and additional services required.
Shifts for this role vary but include Monday to Friday 06:30-08:30 and 16:30-19:30 and Saturdays from 09:00-19:00.
Broaden your skill set with a broad range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will vary and include Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Epilepsy, PEG, Dementia Care and many more.
Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to study towards various National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and subjects.
Our friendly team
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital. The Southampton branch was relocated to these larger premises in 2014 due to expansion of our services and a growing need for the provision of homecare packages in the Hampshire area.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.