Personal Care Assistant
Newcross Healthcare is looking to recruit experienced Home Care Assistants to care for those living with a range of needs in their own homes across Thornhill, Southampton and New Forest
Shifts for this role include Monday to Friday 06:30-08:30 and 16:30-19:30 and Saturdays from 09:00-19:00
Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
Flexi Pay; submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts!
Salary of up to £13.99/hr including holiday pay
Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- You will need access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
- If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Personal Care Assistant
As a Personal Care Assistant your responsibilities will include; personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and calm when faced with the odd challenge.
Train with us!
This position will give you the opportunity to expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work, these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care plus more.
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital. The Southampton branch was relocated to these larger premises in 2014 due to expansion of our services and a growing need for the provision of homecare packages in the Hampshire area.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.