Personal Care Assistant
Do you have an understanding and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of others?
Newcross Healthcare are looking for outstanding Personal Care Assistants to provide care and support to our service users living with additional care requirements in Thornhill, Southampton, New Forest and the surrounding areas.
What we are searching for?
In order to be successful in this caring role, you will need to be a professional carer able to ensure that our users with additional care needs receive excellent support and assistance with daily key tasks. Some of your responsibilities will include posture care, feeding and peg care, continence care and medication support.
Shifts for this role vary but include Monday to Friday 06:30-08:30 and 16:30-19:30 and Saturdays from 09:00-19:00.
What do I need?
* The right to live and work in the UK
* At least 3 months' previous care experience
* Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
* Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
* Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Meet our team:
Your local team are based in the coastal town of Bournemouth in St Stephens Court on St Stephen's Rd just off the A338. We are easily reachable by car or local buses and we are a 20-minute walk away from the train station.
- Salary of up to £14.57/hr including holiday pay
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Benefit from 30,000 discounts!
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
We also offer a new app feature, Flexi Pay, which allows our healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
What happens after you apply?
Once you have submitted your application a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.
You will have the option to do the interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.