Personal Care Assistant
Newcross Healthcare Shrewsbury is located in Shrewsbury Business Park, near Percy Throwers Garden Centre and Shrewsbury Town Football Ground.
You can change someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Personal Care Assistants to care for our service users with additional care needs in Telford and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users receive high quality care and support in line with their personal care plans. You will assist them with daily living tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
What makes us different?
- Set rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance to suit your ongoing commitments
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- A minimum hours guarantee as part of your permanent contract
This feature allows you access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day by simply submitting your timesheets before 5pm. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £16.79/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available in high street retailers nationwide
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.