Personal Care Assistant
Newcross Healthcare Shrewsbury is located in Shrewsbury Business Park, near Percy Throwers Garden Centre and Shrewsbury Town Football Ground.
Do you want to make a positive difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Personal Care Assistants to care for our service users with additional care needs in Telford and the surrounding areas.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Skills & Training opportunities
Working with Newcross, will give you an exclusive opportunity to develop your current skill set with a wide range of free training programs. Topics will include Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Basic Life Support and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff to study towards various National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
Why choose us?
- Minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work every week
- Organised rotas set to up to 4 weeks in advance
- Specialised training programs to broaden your skill set
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be required to provide care for our service users with additional care needs and assist them with various tasks. These will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
- Salary of up to £15.96/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team
- Flexi Pay feature allowing you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.