Personal Care Assistant
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital.
Do you want to make a difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to care for our service users with additional care needs living in Alresford, Alton, Winchester and the surrounding areas.
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will benefit from various training programs designed to develop your skill set. They can be earned through credits as you work and cover topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
You will ensure that our service users with additional care needs receive excellent care and support in line with their personal care plans. You will assist with various life-enhancing tasks including daily living activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Shifts for this role vary but will include:
- 07:00 to 11:00 & 16:00 to 21:00 from Monday to Friday
- 08:00 to 20:00 on Saturdays
- Sleep ins on Monday to Friday
- Salary of up to £13.33/hr including holiday pay
- 20 hours of work every week (minimum)
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
- Flexi Pay feature giving you the option to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.