Personal Care Assistant
Newcross Healthcare is looking to expand our team of Personal Healthcare professionals. With relevant experience and a true passion for delivering person-centred care, you could be next to join us!
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing person-centred care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living across Alresford, Alton and Winchester.
The shifts for this role include:
- Monday to Friday from 07:00 to 11:00 and from 16:00 to 21:00,
- Saturdays from 08:00 to 20:00
- Monday to Friday sleep in
- Salary of up to £13.33/hr including holiday pay
- 20 hours of work every week (minimum)
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff. Take advantage of 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
With our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo® app you receive advanced pay! Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift by midnight (includes weekends and Bank Holidays).
Opportunities for you
This position will give you the opportunity to expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work, these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care plus more.
You could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ.
What you'll need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.