Personal Care Assistant
Newcross Healthcare has a great opportunity for you!
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for experienced Personal Care Assistants to deliver care to our service users living with additional care needs in their homes across the Portsmouth, Fareham, Gosport, Waterlooville, Hayling Island and Havant areas.
Meet the Team
Our branch are located at 62-63 South Street, close to Chichester Cathedral and also Chichester train station.
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be involved in ensuring each service user receives the highest quality of person-centred care.
You must be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a Care role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We require you to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a similar care environment within the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas, timesheets and payslips via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential for this role
Perks you will receive:
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Perks at Newcross
Newcross will help in your career progression, offering our healthcare staff over 200 training programmes to ensure you always have the opportunities to develop in your role, learn new skills and progress even further in your healthcare career.
You will also be able to benefit from our Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day - even on weekends and bank holidays.
Start your application with us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way