Personal Care Assistant
We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare are seeking dedicated and compassionate Personal Care Assistants to join us in providing expert care and support to our service users living with additional care needs in their homes within Portsmouth, Fareham, Gosport, Waterlooville, Hayling Island and the surrounding local areas.
What to expect in the role
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users living with complex needs and requirements.
You will be assisting them with daily living tasks, medication support, PEG and feeding care, clinical requirements and any additional services needed to ensure that they live as independently as possible.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £15.09/hr including holiday pay
- Guaranteed a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will also be able to access our HealthForceGo app, where you can manage your timesheets and payslips, and choose when you want to be paid through our new feature Flexi Pay.
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programmes earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, PEG, Tracheostomy and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications in different levels and subjects.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a similar care environment within the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Meet the Team
Our friendly branch are based in South Street, just a short distance from Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
Start your application with Newcross today!
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier - so instead of having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home at your convenience.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and we will endeavour to assist you in your application. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.