Personal Care Assistant
Are you looking to make a difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to care for our service users living with additional care needs in Telford, Shrewsbury, Oswestry, Market Drayton, Newtown, Ludlow and the surrounding areas.
Why join our team?
- Minimum hours guarantee giving you the security of a steady income
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Organised rotas set to up to 4 weeks in advance
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide assistance and support to our service users with additional care needs. You will aid with personal care tasks, clinical needs, medication support, PEG and feeding care and any additional services required.
This exclusive app feature allows healthcare staff to have the option of receiving an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £16.79/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our local Shrewsbury branch is located in Shrewsbury Business Park, near Percy Throwers Garden Centre and Shrewsbury Town Football Ground.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!