Personal Care Assistant
A true passion for delivering person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare is recruiting for dedicated Personal Care Assistants to join us in delivering expert care and support to our service users living with additional care needs living in their own homes in Slough and the surrounding locations.
Your local branch is based at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from both Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be involved in ensuring each service user receives the highest quality of person-centred care.
You must be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a Care role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £13.62/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Perks at Work scheme allowing you to access 30,000 discounts across various high street retailers
Newcross will help in your career progression, offering our healthcare staff over 200 training programmes to ensure you always have the opportunities to develop in your role, learn new skills and progress even further in your healthcare career.
You will also be able to benefit from our Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day - even on weekends and bank holidays.
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Begin your journey with Newcross Healthcare today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.