Personal Care Assistant
Personal Care is a rewarding career!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
Your new role
A Personal Care Assistant your responsibilities will include; personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Newcross carers do as much as they can to ensure the service user in their care is leading a full and happy life.
You will be provided with a minimum of 20 hours per week, across full and part time hours (weekday and weekend shifts inclusive).
- Salary of up to £13.62/hr Including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical support team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Flexi Pay! With our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo® app you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (includes weekends and Bank Holidays)
Train with us!
Newcross is one of the UK's leading providers of specialist clinical training. Every month we deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants.
Located at the edge of the London commuter belt, Newcross Healthcare's Woking branch is ideally positioned to provide Northwest Surrey and the southwestern Greater London region.
Fun Fact: The Surrey Care Trust runs the "BIG Yellow Duck Race" on the River Wey, in Guildford, every summer.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.