Personal Care Assistant
Same day pay and rewarding training programmes!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to deliver personal care and support to our service users in Sidmouth, Seaton, Axminster and Ottery St Mary
- Salary of up to £12.58/hr including holiday pay
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
This a fantastic opportunity for a healthcare professional looking to offer the best care to our patients living with additional healthcare needs in their homes.
You will have many responsibilities such as feeding and peg care, continence care, medication support and meal preparation.
What do we expect?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Get access to our free training programmes! We offer a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learning new skills.
- Benefit from our Flexi Pay feature! Just submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- We now have video conferencing technology to make your life easier! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in the city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
Fun fact: Exeter is just a pebble's throw away from the beautiful red cliffs, clear waters and sandy beaches of Dawlish and Exmouth. Perfect for those sunny weekends!
Apply to find out more!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.