Personal Care Assistant
We are looking for people like you to make a positive change to someone's life!
We are seeking dedicated Personal Care Assistants to care for our service users living with additional healthcare needs in Torbay, Teignbridge, South Hams and the surrounding areas.
Personal care role
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring that our service users living with additional care needs receive the highest quality of care and support. You will provide assistance with personal care tasks, clinical requirements, feeding and peg care, medication support, social activities within their local community and any additional services needed.
Our 'same day pay' service will enable you to have access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Join our team and benefit from:
- Minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Organised rotas set up to 4 weeks in advance
Your local branch is based in Torquay. First opened in 1996, Torquay is our first ever branch and remains the flagship to this day. We've expanded from this office to over 57 branches across the UK, so if you'd like to join our ever growing team, please apply today.
- Salary of up to £10.07/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts across various retailers
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.