Personal Care Assistant
First opened in 1996, Torquay is our first ever branch and remains the flagship to this day. We've expanded from this office to over 57 branches across the UK, so if you'd like to join our ever growing team, please apply today.
You can make a positive difference to someone's life
We are seeking Personal Care Assistants to care for our service users with additional healthcare needs in Torbay, Teignbridge, South Hams and the surrounding areas.
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Our Flexi Pay allows you to submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (Includes weekends and Bank Holidays)
You will provide excellent care to our service users with additional needs, ensuring that they live as independently as possible. Tasks will include; personal care, clinical needs, feeding and peg care, medication support, social activities and any other additional services required.
- Salary of up to £13.42/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.