Personal Care Assistant
Are you looking to make a change in your career?
Then join us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Complex Home Care Assistants to care for our users living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes in Torpoint, Plymouth, Saltash and the surrounding areas.
This position has 12 hour shifts including days and nights whilst also having a working pattern of one weekend on, one weekend off with various weekend rates.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be required to provide life-enhancing care and support to our service users living with additional care needs. You will assist with personal care tasks, clinical needs and requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
Our ideal candidate will have previous knowledge of mental health conditions and complex care needs such as Tracheostomy, PEG and spinal injuries.
Why choose us?
- Minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week
- Free specialist training programs earned through credits as you work
- Set organised rotas up to 4 weeks in advance
Our HealthForceGo® app feature enables healthcare staff to have the option of accessing an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.27/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- You will need a valid practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or a willingness to book on to a course with Newcross
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.