Personal Care Assistant
Do you want to be a valuable new addition to our team?
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit experienced and dedicated Complex Home Care Assistants to care for our users living with a range of healthcare needs in their own homes in Torpoint, Plymouth, Saltash and the surrounding local areas.
We offer 12 hour shifts for this role including days and nights
Our Personal Care Assistants are kind and caring professionals who provide expert support that allows our service users to live the life they wish to lead.
Ideally you will have an understanding of mental health and an awareness of complex care needs including Trachy's, PEG and spinal injuries
Benefit from our set shifts!
Our successful applicants will benefit from a steady income alongside the ability to manage their work-life balance. We offer permanent contract with a minimum of 20 hours guaranteed and the option to work full or part time hours.
In this role you will work a pattern of one weekend on, one weekend off with enhanced weekend rates!
- Salary of up to £12.27/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract, with guaranteed 20 hours per week.
- Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Free Ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours, (includes weekends and Bank Holidays)
Our clinical training
Take advantage of our many free training programmes and expand your skill set. This could include training in Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
With Newcross you also have the chance to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
What do we expect from you?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your new team
Join us and be part of our Plymouth team which is located on the south Devon coast.
Interesting fact: The combination of coastal and open waters with estuaries makes Plymouth Sound of European status as a conservation site, and a magnet for scientific interest and expertise.
Apply now to find out more!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We now offer video interviewing to make it easier for our applicants - Rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.