Personal Care Assistant
A Newcross Personal Care Assistant
We have 12 hour shifts for this role including days and nights
Newcross Healthcare is looking for experienced Personal Care Assistants to provide personalised support to adults living with additional healthcare needs in their homes across Torpoint, Plymouth and Saltash
The ideal candidate would have an understanding of mental health awareness and prior experience of caring for service users with additional needs
Amazing benefits and flexibility
Salary of up to £12.27/hr including holiday pay
Permanent flexible contract, with guaranteed 20 hours per week.
Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
Free Ongoing training and development
24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Flexi Pay- choose when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours, (includes weekends and Bank Holidays)
Newcross is one of the UK's leading providers of specialist clinical training. Every month we deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants.
What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Located on the south Devon coast, Newcross Healthcare's Plymouth branch allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
Apply today and help change someone's life
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.