Personal Care Assistant - Waking Nights
First opened in 1996, Torquay is our first ever branch and remains the flagship to this day. We've expanded from this office to over 57 branches across the UK, so if you'd like to join our ever growing team, please apply today.
Do you want to explore a new career opportunity?
We are seeking dedicated Personal Care Assistants to work Waking Night Shifts providing care and personalised support to a young lady with Motor Neurone Disease living in the Totnes area.
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
You will ensure that our service user receives excellent care and support with a variety of tasks. These are designed to ensure that our service user lives as independently as possible and include personal care, clinical needs, social activities, night time monitoring and any additional services needed.
This position has Waking Night shifts between the hours of 20:00 - 08:30 and 23:00 - 06:30.
- Salary of up to £13.03/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.