Personal Care Assistant - Waking Nights
Do you want to make a difference to someone's life?
We are seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to cover waking night shifts providing care and support to a young child with SMA and a peg in situ living in the Brixham area.
Our caring role
As a Personal Care Assistant, you work to provide life-enhancing care and support to our service users living with complex care needs. Tasks that you will provide assistance with include daily living activities, personal care tasks, clinical needs, night time monitoring, moving and handling our service users and any additional services needed.
This role has waking night shifts from 22:00pm to 08:00am.
This innovative app feature gives our healthcare staff the opportunity to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £16.79/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why choose us?
- Organised rotas of up to 4 weeks in advance
- A minimum hours guarantee of up to 20 hours weekly
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
First opened in 1996, Torquay is our first ever branch and remains the flagship to this day. We've expanded from this office to over 57 branches across the UK, so if you'd like to join our ever growing team, please apply today.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.