Personal Care Assistant - Waking Nights
First opened in 1996, Torquay is our first ever branch and remains the flagship to this day. We've expanded from this office to over 57 branches across the UK, so if you'd like to join our ever growing team, please apply today.
You can change someone's life
We are seeking Personal Care Assistants to work waking night shifts caring for a young child with SMA and a peg in situ living in the Brixham area.
Why join us?
- Our Flexi Pay app feature allows over 7500 healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish (includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
You will ensure that our service users receive excellent care and support with a range of different tasks. These will include assisting with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any other services needed.
Additional tasks will include aiding with night time monitoring and regularly moving and handling our service user.
Shifts for this role include Waking Nights from 22:00pm to 08:00am.
- Salary of up to £15.41/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff
- Free client specific training
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.