Personal Care Assistant - Adult Days & Waking Nights
We are looking for people like you to join us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Personal Care Assistants to work waking night shifts caring for our service users living with additional care needs in their own homes across Launceston and the surrounding towns.
Why choose us?
- Permanent contract with a minimum hours guarantee giving you the security of a steady income
- Free specialist training programs earned through credits as you work enabling you to develop your skill set
- Set organised rotas up to 4 weeks in advance allowing you to work around your existing commitments
What will I do?
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing assistance and support to our service users living with additional care needs. You will support them with personal care tasks, daily living activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Shifts for this role are waking night shifts from 00:00 to 06:00.
It is highly desirable that you have prior experience of caring for service users with additional care needs.
With Flexi Pay, you have the chance to request an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will I get?
- Salary of up to £12.27/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts across a range of retailers
What do I need?
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- You will need a valid practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or a willingness to book on to a course with Newcross
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Our Plymouth branch is located on the south Devon coast and provides qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants to South Devon and North Cornwall.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.