Personal Care Assistant - Adult Days & Waking Nights
Do you have the relevant experience in a healthcare role?
If the answer is yes, join us and enjoy our many benefits:
Flexi Pay -Our new flexible pay feature allows you to choose when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Perks at Work - Benefit from this fantastic scheme and its 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street shops.
Free training courses - Take advantage of our wide range of free training programmes and broaden your skill set with courses such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care plus more.
Interview via video call! We now offer video conferencing technology to make your life easier. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Permanent contract - We offer you a permanent contract with a minimum of 20 hours of work every week and the option to work full or part time hours.
Set shifts - You will be working a pattern of one weekend on, one weekend off with enhanced weekend rates.
- Salary of up to £12.27/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team
We are looking to recruit Personal Care Assistants to provide excellent care and support to service users living in their own home across Launceston and the surrounding towns.
The caring role:
* You will be responsible for supporting our service users with their personal care, helping with their clinical needs and assisting them with social activities and any other additional activities.
* You will be working waking night shifts from 00:00 to 06:00am.
* Experience caring for adults with additional healthcare needs will strengthen your application.
Located on the south Devon coast, Newcross Healthcare's Plymouth branch allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
What do you need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Are you interested?
Then apply today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.