Personal Care Assistant - Adult Days & Waking Nights
Our Plymouth branch, located on the south Devon coast, allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
Are you looking for a job that allows you to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistant to care for service users living with additional care needs in Plymouth, Saltash, Torpoint and the surrounding areas.
This position has day and waking night shifts lasting from 12-14 hours.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will provide personalised care and support to our service users living with additional care needs in line with their personal care plans.
Our ideal candidate will have prior experience of providing care to adults living with PEG, tracheostomy, epilepsy, challenging behaviours and learning difficulties.
Why choose us?
- Minimum hours guarantee as part of a permanent contract
- Free specialist training programs earned through credits as you work
- Organised rotas enabling you to fit them around your existing commitments
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- You will need a valid practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or a willingness to book on to a course with Newcross
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
With Newcross, you will have exclusive access to an innovative app feature that enables healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.27/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and set rotas
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access to our exclusive free training programs
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.