Personal Care Assistant - Adult Days & Waking Nights
Do you have experience of caring for individuals with complex needs?
Working with Newcross you can choose to work full or part time hours, to fit around your life.
We don't believe in 'zero hours.' Our staff work rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance and have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts.
Located on the south Devon coast, Newcross Healthcare's Plymouth branch allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical abilities
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
We are seeking Personal Care Assistant to work across Plymouth, Saltash, Torpoint and the surrounding areas.
You will be working days and waking nights from 12-14 hours
As a Personal Care Assistant:
You will be offering expert support and care to adults living in their own homes whilst enabling them to have a dignified and independent living in line with their personalised care plan.
Ideally you will have experience caring for adults living with PEG, Trachi, Challenging Behaviour, Epilepsy and Learning Difficulties, but this is not essential.
- Salary of up to £12.27/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and set rotas
- Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers.
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) and uniform FREE for a limited time
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support
- Flexi Pay! Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Opportunities
At Newcross we value all of our employees and want them to progress in their career with us, because of this we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the chance to broaden their skill set.
You could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
Click apply and join us!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.