Personal Care Assistant - Children Waking Nights
You can make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Personal Care Assistants to cover waking night shifts caring for children with additional care needs in Plymouth, Saltash and Elburton.
You will be working night shifts from 21:00-09:00 for this role.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will ensure that children living with additional care needs receive consistent high quality care and support with a variety of important daily living activities. Your assistance will be needed with personal care tasks, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
It is highly desirable that you previous experience of caring for service users with PEG, Tracheostomy, epilepsy, challenging behaviour and learning difficulties.
This role has a pattern of one weekend on and weekend off with various weekend rates.
Our app feature allows healthcare staff to access an advance on their completed shifts and be paid on the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £15.43/hr including holiday pay
- Support from a clinical supporting team
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Permanent contract
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts
- Set working rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free specialist training programs earned through credits as you work
- Minimum hours guarantee as part of your permanent contract
Our Plymouth team is based on the south Devon coast and provides the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- You will need a valid practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or a willingness to book on to a course with Newcross
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.